Jonathan So is the Senior Director of Healthcare Initiatives at the Detroit Regional Chamber. In this role he manages HealthForward, a collaborative of employers and other healthcare purchasers to drive greater health value and consumer engagement. HealthForward is comprised of over 50 employers representing over 2 million covered lives. Jonathan develops various educational programs, solutions, and interventions to promote greater health, increase consumer decision making, and advance innovative and disruptive changes to the market.
Jonathan is also the founder of Solera Strategies, a consulting firm focused on market entry and business development strategies for health care startups as well as advisory services for established health organizations and health purchasers.
Jonathan is currently engaged in research on millennial engagement in health and benefits to identify, measure, and cultivate value-added patient behaviors and tools. He was a 2017 Leapfrog Fellow, a national program to educate employer advocates on the impact of safety and quality of care. He was a 2015 Health Policy Fellow the Center of Healthcare Research and Transformation. In this capacity, he advises health service researchers and state policy makers on the effects of health care legislation to the business community. He was also a 2015 Detroit Urban Research Scholar through the University of Michigan where he studied community-based participatory public health research.
Jonathan been a featured healthcare speaker on behalf of Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Michigan and the Detroit Regional Chamber and appeared at various national health and benefits conferences. His presentations focus on employee engagement including influencing the millennial cohort, health spend containment strategies and benefit design, and market innovation and disruption.
In his spare time, he enjoys spending time running half marathons, playing the ukulele and watching Bob’s Burgers.
Jonathan has been or is an upcoming featured speaker or panelist at the following events:
- 2015 Michigan HR Day
- 2015 Michigan Health Purchasers Alliance Annual Conference
- 2015 Pittsburgh Business Group on Health Annual Meeting
- 2015 Employer Health and Benefits Congress
- 2015 Employer Benefits News Expo and Forum
- 2015 Institute for Health Consumerism West Forum
- 2016 World Congress Annual Health Plan Innovation Through Consumerism
- 2016 World Congress Inaugural Forum on Employer Health Care Reform Strategies
- 2016 Canada-US Health IT Innovation Summit
- 2016 Institute for Health Consumerism East Forum
- 2016 MSE Benefits and Wellness Forum
- 2016 Employer Health and Benefits Congress
- 2016 MedCity Engage Forum